Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In which school starts

So, I found Assassin's Creed in a bargain bin next to Diner Dash, Bejewelled, and Splinter Cell. For $10. So that's why I haven't been on. I -have-, however, been busy. And made myself an Altair hood. (Link: http://twitpic.com/6qartv ) It doesn't quite look like Altair's, but each Assassin has their own hood. Mine is practical. It's just the mantle and hood, will be scotchguarded for rainy days, and has front snaps so I don't have to hold it or pull it over my head. I fully intend to wear these on my school campus, so if you see me, feel free to come up and comment on my hood.

I'm a little wary of this new campus. It's MASSIVE. I'll be doing a lot of walking, and it takes two hours to get there by bus. I wish I was kidding.

Back to Assassin's Creed. I love this game. The swordfighting is crap and Altair likes to try to jump onto trees that he can't jump on, but the plot is either spectacular bullcrap or equally spectacular philosophical debates, and for the life of me I can't decide which. I just know I really, -really- want to be Altair. I like Parkour, and that retractable blade and outfit are just amazing. Also, this exists

(Link: http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/05/06/irl-assassins-creed-blade-of-the-day/ )

And I would -LOVE- to buy one of those retractable blade things if I could find a purpose for it. I can fantasize about needing to use it all I want, but unless I decide I want to spear that apple just barely out of my reach and eat it like a caveman (thereby gumming up the works of my perfectly wonderful retractable blade) then I'm just out of luck, now aren't I?

I really want to get into Parkour, and have been thinking about trying rock climbing as an introduction (mind you, I am VERY much not one for exercising, but both sports seem really cool, and there's opportunity to practice them at my new campus!) so if any of you follow Parkour, I wouldn't mind a Beginner's guide. (think VERY beginner. As in, "this is what we tell little kids to do so they can one day grow up and be parkour nuts too" kind of thing).

Shocker! I'm updating my blog! I'd say I'll endeavour to post more often, but if the past few days are any indication, I'm WAY too tired after school for stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment